We could help you find real employment and real opportunities
|Posted:||Monday 14 May 2018|
|Salary:||£6 figure salary - £benefits|
Head of Data Science and Analytics
Reports to: CEO
Limitless choice isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. After a point, adding more options gets overwhelming. It stops us choosing at all. Or leaves us regretting the choices we make.
Here at 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. Studying the key elements that drive people to make confident choices on the high street, and bringing those qualities into the digital world through intelligent decision-engine technology.
Today we power thousands of confident consumer choices every day across some of the largest brands in the world including AT&T, Virgin, Deutsche Telekom, EE, Sky, BT, Hiscox and The Times.
With every engine interaction, we’re learning more about customers, gathering insights and powering more and more accurate recommendations.
We’re a company that’s growing fast and we’re excited about the opportunity ahead of us. We have a great culture, a shared energy and we’re looking for like-minded people to help us achieve our
Following significant growth, we are now looking for a highly accomplished individual to lead the Data Science and Analytics team and to own the data strategy across the business.
You will adopt a team of brilliant individuals and will take full responsibility for the delivery of our ambitions within data science and analytics – building market-leading recommendation algorithms and using data to help deliver on our commercial ambitions.
We are looking for someone who has a perfect blend of raw technical ability, commercial strategy and motivational leadership. We need someone who will drive our strategic vision for how we use data across the business and ensure we are the most advanced technology in the market. Our engine is now used by almost every major telecoms and media company in the UK, and we have
only just got started. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the company at an incredibly exciting time of growth – having a direct influence on the experience of millions of customers across the world.
The core accountabilities:
• Overall responsibility for ensuring that data science and analytics have the greatest possible impact on the business
• Building and maintaining a commercially driven and strategic roadmap – communicating your vision both internally and to partners
• Building and managing a leading data science and analytics department – creating a culture that consistently delivers on company ambitions and attracts talent
• Ensuring that resource is spent on the most commercially beneficial projects
• Becoming a thought leader in the space – evangelizing about our machine learning and analytics capabilities internally and externally
• Reporting on strategy and performance directly to the board
The ideal experience:
• A highly accomplished career path within the field of data science and analytics
• Natural commercial acumen with a proven track record of delivering a data strategy that drives the P&L
• An experienced leader with the proven ability to attract and retain brilliant talent
• Experience within a SaaS product business
• Proficient in statistical modelling and machine learning
• Technically excellent with an advanced knowledge of languages such as Python, SQL and R
• Bonus points for experience in building and maintaining data-warehousing solutions
The ideal traits:
• Proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set
• Presence and aptitude to become an integral part of the senior leadership team
• A great communicator with the ability to present complex insight to a wide ranging audience
What we’re offering:
• Company share options
• A chance to define company strategy from within the leadership team
• The chance to build and inspire a leading team of data scientists and analysts
• A passionate and creative working culture
• The opportunity to work directly with some of the largest global brands
• 33 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
• Lunch (and interesting talks) every Friday
• New Macbook Pro, birthdays off work, fresh fruit and beers, regular social events